Tuesday, May 10, 2011

oure the American in the Italian army she asked. I do sometimes.

 Every day I learn to do things smoother and better
 Every day I learn to do things smoother and better. I would have married him or anything. They were very nice and we had a big evening. Passini said.Some of the officers went alone. I had not noticed her.I didnt carry anybody. They take nearly a thousand prisoners.I think you do not know anything about being conquered and so you think it is not bad. Ill always come back. I wished I were in Milan with her.I stopped to ask if you were better. Dont you read it.

Lift it high. doing things that hurt sharply and severing tissue Are you sureMe trying to lie still and feeling my stomach flutter when the flesh was cut. He held up the glass. Tell me really what was the best. No one to come in at night from adventures.Poor Rinaldi. There had been a little town but it was all rubble. They were very nice and we had a big evening. They come back for me. He slapped the bed with his glove. go get a corkscrew. And you will come and see meOf course. Youve been away a long time.

 the captain said looking at the priest and at me.Dont get angry. the major said. carts and loaded ambulances and all returning traffic up the old narrow road.Not Strega. Gordini stood behind me.Hell say I did it on purpose.I took out my knife.The room I shared with the lieutenant Rinaldi looked out on the courtyard. There are some people who never realize. Thats over for the evening. crossing out everything except. But they are still fools.

 baby.I didnt carry anybody. Jesus Christ. the captain commenced picking on the priest. Gordini said. I took her hands. The priest accepted it as a joke. Manera said.I wish you were back. These V. no. They are keeping them for the pleasure of dugout hiders in the rear. We are brothers and we love each other.

 A. The orderly was listening behind the desk.I dried my hands and took out my pocketbook from the inside of my tunic hanging on the wall. The others listened.Oh. dropping them in a basin. Signor Tenente. After I leave here Ill go see that English and hell get you an English medal. The major was at the telephone sitting on a box. because they found the three per cent bonds on his person.Goodevening.We walked on a way and were stopped under a tree.Somebody said you should be able to learn it in two weeks.

Lets drop it anyway.Thats awfully nice.I know it is bad but we must finish it. You may come and see her after seven oclock if you wish. She waved and I kissed my hand and held it out. however. three men nurses and a doctor and picked you up out of bed and carried you into the dressing room so that the beds could be made while we were having our wounds dressed. I say he bellows!I would like you to go to Abruzzi.Oh.Dont go. We were just beginning to get some of them. Next week the war starts again. We were supposed to wear steel helmets even in Gorizia but they were uncomfortable and too bloody theatrical in a town where the civilian inhabitants had not been evacuated.

 Nothing to do.Yes.It was a ghastly show.The driver came out of the door with the papers for the wounded in the car. They were silent until I went out. all of myself. No that wasnt it.Three hundred fives.I do not believe it. Could I join nowIm afraid not now. But I thought it would be bad for him.You think notNo.Shes not awfully well.

 The door was open. Again the candlelight made its shadows on the wall. But I do with you. Bacchus or no Bacchus.He took off his gloves. They are too stupid.I cut the cheese into pieces and laid them on the macaroni. But as long as you drive the cars and behave  and dont talk so other officers can hear.They dropped me once more before we reached the post. Well crack in France. When there is really work they trust us. The battery fired twice and the air came each time like a blow and shook the window and made the front of my pajamas flap. They had the complete marble quality of all looking alike.

 It was Passini and when I touched him he screamed.I walked behind her out into the garden. You will be decorated. You cant. when you knew that that was all there was. The posts for the cars would have to be as near the river as they could get and keep covered. At first it dropped slowly and regularly. Were you on permissionYes.Porta feriti I shouted holding my hands cupped. It was not a pleasant trip to the dressing room and I did not know until later that beds could be made with men in them.Then well have to work. I knew it. The vineyards were thin and bare-branched too and all the country wet and brown and dead with the autumn.

 he said when he saw me. At the foot of the bed was my flat trunk. Now they have a guard outside his house with a bayonet and nobody can come to see his mother and father and sisters and his father loses his civil rights and cannot even vote. Sometimes still pleasant and fond and warm and breakfast and lunch. Gordini could not drive. Signor Tenente. opened it.Its way out. She wore what seemed to me to be a nurses uniform. You could stay with my family. Tell me just exactly how it happened. father.Because the captain doctor knew I had this rupture.

 We read. how do you feel Where is that damn corkscrew You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering.As the ambulance climbed along the road.Splendid. baby. mama Mia I pulled and twisted and got my legs loose finally and turned around and touched him.Oh. I had a drink with a captain that I knew in one of the dugouts and went back across the bridge. You take it. I did not want to go there anyway.Wonderful. He could have had anything he wanted if I would have known. They had come back for him.

Some of the officers went alone. I stood up. Maria. While I rubbed myself with a towel I looked around the room and out the window and at Rinaldi lying with his eyes closed on the bed.The room I shared with the lieutenant Rinaldi looked out on the courtyard. They were very nice and we had a big evening.The major spoke to an orderly who went out of sight in the back and came back with a metal basin of cold cooked macaroni. I say he bellows!I would like you to go to Abruzzi. I hope shes not ill.Thats a relief.Wop. please. said the captain.

There arent any four hundred twenties in the mountains. I wont kiss you if you dont want. then stopped and kissed her.Goodnight.Have you any moneyYes. It would have been impolite not to have known something of them when I had listened to such a splendid explanation of their causes which were.That way youll be decorated. To your valorous wounds. They blew him all to bits. you cant kiss me here. I thought it would be worse for him. You were liable to arrest if you did not have one worn in plain sight. But Im back now.

 He slapped the bed with his glove. because they did not bombard it to destroy it but only a little in a military way. They would take me as soon as possible.He was a very nice boy. went on the captain. It was a long time since I had written to the States and I knew I should write but I had let it go so long that it was almost impossible to write now. The officers all wore helmets; betterfitting helmets. Mama mama mia. bulged forward under the capes so that the men. Go on tell me. I said.Youre the American in the Italian army she asked. I do sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment